Safe Food For Canadians Regulations Import and Export Course
6 Hours On-Demand
Safe Food for Canadians Regulations
Self-Paced Learning Course
Note if you are using Internet Explorer, the shopping cart may not be visible. Please use a different browser (i.e. Google Chrome, Safari).
Need help with registration?
888.406.5554 Ex. 1
This online course provides an overview on implementing the two Preventive Control Plans (PCPs) required under CFIA's Safe Food for Canadians Regulations, Food Safety PCP and Market Fairness PCP. This course will also help with understanding the key licensing requirements of the SFCR. The SFCR is aligned with internationally recognized standards, such as CODEX Alimentarius, for food safety and consumer protection requirements.
The course is self-paced online training-log in and out according to your schedule. You have six months to complete the training. Upon completion of all the chapters, you may print a certificate of completion.
1) Requirements and guidance for food exporters and importers (Licensing, traceability and preventive controls) to comply with CFIA
2) Food Safety Preventive Control Plan (PCP)
- Types of Hazards: Biological, Chemical and Physical
- Five Preliminary Steps
- Conducting Hazard Analysis to determine significant hazards and their control measures
- Critical Control Point Procedure (Critical Limits, Monitoring, Corrective Action, Verification and Recordkeeping)
- Evidence showing control measures are effective
- Evidence showing the PCP has been implemented
3) Customer Protection and Market Fairness Preventive Control Plan
- Labelling, standards of identity, grades, packaging and net quantity
4) Introduction to Food-specific requirements and guidance
In addition to general requirements, other requirements apply to specific foods.
5) Toolkit for businesses- Interactive tools and other resources to see how and when new requirements will apply to your business and what you need to do.
6) What is the difference between a HACCP plan/prerequisite program (FSEP) and a preventive control plan.
WHO NEEDS THIS COURSE
QA Directors and Managers
Food Safety Technicians
Food Safety/Food Science Graduates
Food Safety Consultants
Owners/Operators of Food Facilities
Food Importers and Exporters